Thursday, February 24, 2011

When I think of you, I touch myself....XOXO

I almost cried last Tuesday coz I thought that one of the most important person in my life forgot one of the most important event of my life.

But today…

Pumasok ng dorm

Nag - Sign in

Walked to the bulletin board, hoping to find anything about me written on it, it didn’t even have to be anything significant, just a sign that I matter

Turned to climb up the stairs

Ate Guard sumigaw, Marie! Pa-receive muna nito!

Akala ko may nakaing kakaiba ang nanay ko at pinadala pa through LBC and plane ticket ko for March

Nakita ko, sender, written in the ever familiar I-so-hate-you-for-having-such-awesome-handwriting, 

RHYNDYLL FAYE BARTOLABA

I had to check who it was supposed to be sent to

MARIE ANGELIE FRANCISCO

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!

Opened the huge LBC plastic

Found a tiny tiny blue envelope

Pulled out a black USB with a note on it

It read,

Betch!!!

Because the best things come in small packages (8gb small that is :P)
You didn’t think I’d forget you turning 22 on 2/22 right? I hope this gets to you on time but if not, well, still, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETCH!
You know I love you.
Of course I’m supposed to make a wish for you and so I will – I wish that you get the everyday O you want. As in OVERLOAD of happiness and satisfaction. OPEN the usb and you’ll see.

XOXO,

Dhyll

I literally had to sit down for a minute just to breathe and take it all in. Then I ran to my room to open it on my laptop and found an entire season of Gossip Girl! Yes, message received.

I know I should have called or texted, but how the hell can you run to someone’s arms and hug them through text? So I thought of making the next best thing, offer an entire blog in thanksgiving. :D I don’t even know how to begin. I got the surprise cake, the love and company of friends and family, the wonderful dinner and evening but I never thought I’d EVER have anything delivered to me for my birthday….EVER.

That was by far THE BETCH gift I have ever received in my entire life.

I should have suspected something was up when Angel asked for my address (haha I’m just assuming she was a part of it too). What makes this gift so unbelievably heartwarming and thoughtful and basically just EVERYTHING I could ever ask for was the amount of thought, planning and effort to ride a tricycle in GenSan’s extreme sun and fall in line in one of LBC’s dirtiest and smelliest branch in the country. I’ve always dreamed of someone planning and scheming behind my back just to give the PERFECT gift, and this has got to be it! Damn betch. I’m seriously still in shock. I swear to God, if you were a boy, I’d kiss you the moment I see you.

The only words that kept popping up in my head were, Oh God thank you so much for giving me her. Eeew, ang drama. But as sappy as it sounds, it’s true! By her, I mean both you and Angel. Haha. Hindi pa ako sure if kasabwat talaga siya dito. At ang awkward din naman kasi ng thank you for giving me them.

I don’t intend to make this a long one, writing about it just can’t do justice to the AWESOMENESS that the two of you are right now. I just LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH I could cry.

And just so you know, I intend to topple your gift.


XOXO,

Rie

No comments:

Post a Comment